Saturday 5 September 2009

The last week has been a complete whirlwind. I moved in on Wednesday and as of yet, I don't have a roommate although am anticipating getting one anytime. My room is lovely and homely and everyone in the house is really nice. I've made friends with lots of the exchange students and all the American students are arriving today.

Last night we had a pizza social amongst the international students and today we're going to Newport Harbour. On Sunday, there is a 'First Night' party for all incoming freshmen and then lots of events next week. In the next few weeks, I'm planning trips to Providence for some shopping, surfing in Narragansett (a beach nearby) and then seeing The Fray at the Ryan Center on campus. The campus is incredible here; we have a shopping emporium which has everything from a Dunkin' Donuts, a Subway and a Chinese restaurant to a tanning salon and florist. The Ryan Center also sports an ice rink and we're going ice skating next week.

I'm going to upload my photos after Newport so you can all see how beautiful this little area of the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment